From the horses mouth as they say.
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
Planning for the right homes in the right places
• Make sure every part of the country has an up-to-date, sufficiently ambitious plan so that local communities decide where development should go, not speculative applications.
• Simplify plan-making and make it more transparent so it’s easier for communities to produce plans and easier for developers to follow them.
• Ensure that plans start from an honest assessment of the need for new homes and that local authorities work with their neighbours so that difficult decisions are not ducked.
• Clarify what land is available for new housing through greater transparency over who owns land and the options held on it.
• Make more land available for homes in the right places by maximising the contribution from brownfield and surplus public land, regenerating estates, releasing more small and medium sized sites, allowing rural communities to grow and making it…
View original post 617 more words